Skip to main content

Soak up the sun!!!


Summer is here. YES!!! I am so glad that I get the next two months to destress and refocus. I'm getting sleep, quality time with my puppy and my fiance. Not only does it feel so awesome to be to able to get up and work on my own schedule, but its awesome to have the time to really plan for next year.

I know, its not exactly relaxing but I am really excited for next school year to start. Maybe its because I'm still a rookie, but it feels really exciting to think about what I am going to do next year with my new kiddos. Speaking of, I've been reading The Fundamental 5 (The Formula to Quality Instruction) by Sean Cain and Mike Laird per part of my summer reading list, and I am pretty taken back by how oddly it feels to feel like I kind of know what they are talking about, but then to be surprised by new methods I didn't know about. Goes to show, you're never done learning. 

Some of the other books I have planned for my summer reading list are: Out of my Mind by Sharon M. Draper, We Were Liars by E. Lockhart, Fish in a Tree by Lynda Mullaly Hunt, Spring Pearl The Last Flower by Laurance Yep, and Restart by Gordon Korman. I am about half way through with Out of my Mind, and it is a pretty fun read. The voice used by Draper is funny and relatable. I think it would be a good book for kids to learn about empathy, kindness, and to never judge a book by its cover. 

I'll try to write a short review of the books as I finish reading them, and perhaps a small plan if I choose to implement them in my class as novel studies. (Teacher brain never stops churning.) 
If you're not super into reading (then you've probably stopped reading by now), I would recommend listening to short stories on audiobooks, youtube, getepic.com, or just even looking at picture/comic books. The brain is a muscle, so the more you use it the stronger it gets. The choice is, as always, up to you. #brainpower #readersareleaders #teacherbrain #summerreading

Comments