Welcome to my blog. Starting my first year of teaching, this blog will without-a-doubt be filled with moments of panic, hysteria, and laughter.
I've been reading Mindset by Carol Dweck. It's pretty interesting to become very aware of what kind of mindset I noticed I possess as I turn the pages. The only thing is, I'm pretty sure I understand what I'm reading, but I don't truly understand-at least not yet. I'm at the bottom of the learning curve at the moment, and it makes me think about how I could apply the growth mindset in my classroom when I don't truly understand it yet.
Speaking of applying things to my classroom: any advice for a first year teacher that is coming in the second half of the year? I'm a little ambiguous with how I would make my first impression. Starting off as stern is what I've always done, and it's been plenty useful in controling the classroom, however how stern should I be? It's different without a mentor teacher in the room with me, and I'm a little nervous as to how the first day will go.
That's it for now. Have a wonderful break everyone. :)
-Ms. Nguyen

Comments
Post a Comment