Skip to main content

Preparation

So, I've been reading a bunch of books on strategies on how I should approach reading and writing. The books range from Beers and Probsts to Robert's A Novel Approach. I feel like I'm cramming for a test...panic and anxiety levels are through the roof.

My nerves are getting more and more crazy as the date approaches for me to go into the classroom. First day jitters are something my students and I will be sharing for sure. Even though I'm confident in my ability to manage the classroom, I'm nervous about my students. I'm not sure what kind of approach I should take. I know the answer is simple- be myself. But for some reason, I feel a little uncertain.

Perhaps the moving and the events that have taken place in the past week contributed to my feeling of displacement. Perhaps once I'm actually in the classroom with my students I'll feel more at home. I'm sure this will be a good story to share with the kids to help them relate to me. I'm human too.


Comments