Skip to main content

1st Day of School

The first day of school was great! My students were really excited, and a bit awkward, but that's just middle school. My kids are pretty funny. One period decided to make their class call "Class...Dismissed!" And since they all voted on it, I let them have it. Another class wanted their class call to be "Baby shark! Dodo-dodododo!" It was really awesome to have the option to set things up how I wanted and implement things how I wanted. Its all a brand new start for me, as well as the kids but I think they enjoyed having an energic teacher. I felt like they all really enjoyed their first day with me, and that makes me really hopeful that this year is going to be really great.

Image result for 6 messages students should hear on the first day of school

I even had some of my old 6th graders, now 7th graders, visit me today. They all showed up and I have to really admit....they are eating something different nowadays, because all my kids grew about 2 feet! They were all taller than me, and the smiles on their faces when I saw them made me feel a strong comfort. If I was able to impact these kids in just the half year that I was with them, then I think I can be even more impactful with my set of kids now whom I will get the whole year with. 
Here's to the start of a great year! 

Comments