
Its 3 days until summer. Man, oh man, has the time passed by with a blink of an eye.
STAAR mode is over and I'm sooooooo glad. No matter how the kids do, I will be happy if they have learned to be better people. I learned real quick how they treated each other, and it was not very good. I spent a lot of effort to teach them about kindness and respect. I really hope that they took it to heart.
I've built such close relationships with my kiddos; it makes me sad to know I won't be seeing them everyday next year. There were so many moments were I felt like things kept going wrong, but after hearing my kids tell me how much they loved my class and how I've made learning fun it gave me hope. If the kids are enjoying being iny my class and they're actually paying attention to what I teach, then I'm doing things right. It feels like I'm finding my footing finally, so I'm expecting next year to be a bit smoother.
There have been many challenges, but with those challenges I've learned how to approach certain situations and what to do next time around. I think the hardest thing this year was learning that every kid has a story. It's a really heavy load when I learn about the obstacles/tragedies my students face. I would adopt all of them if being the lady that lived in the shoe with a million children was feasible. Hahaha but really, I love my kiddos so much I wish I could protect them from the bad in the world. It's freaking depressing knowing how much my kids have to struggle. Is that why some teachers get burnt out?
On a brighter note, my students feel safe in my classroom and that's something I'm soooooo glad/grateful for. One year down ✅
Comments
Post a Comment