Skip to main content

Update- 3 months in

It has officially been three months since I started my job. Spring break is around the corner, and I'l admit that it is a much much needed break.

I love the kids, and some specifically bring extra joy when I get to see them in my class. There is one a kiddo who is super quiet, and when I can get him to laugh or crack a smile it brings the best feeling in the world. He shared with me that he has a sugarglider whom is-ironically- scared of high. He named it Joey-after the name of sugarglider offsprings. I have another kiddo who often misbehaves as a way to attract attention. He shares his stories with me and it seems like he actually likes being in my class. He wrote me a letter, and it made my heart warm. I have a soft spot for the kiddos who are a bit mischevious.

Some of the girls come to me for advice and ask to eat lunch with me. At first it was great knowing that they wanted to spend time with me...but then it got to the point where I needed 30 minutes of silence and alone time.

Funny thing is, it feels like I've been at that school for a long time. Some of the teachers pointed that out to me, and they thought it was a good thing. It meant I was doing a good job. I think I am adjusting and adapting veru well, though I do miss being back in Houston.

Comments